Calling on all players turning 12 years old or older this year. How would you like to assist your club and get paid for it, and in doing so learn great life skills?
We have a number of Junior Football umpiring positions available for the 2016 season which we invite you to apply for. You don’t need to have experience as we will train you. You will be umpiring the modified games played by theunder 8’s through to under 11’s. You don’t need to have elite fitness as these games are played on smaller modified ovals and with quarters lasting only 10 minutes each.
There are many great benefits undertaking a role of umpiring
1. Earn great pocket money
2. Keep fit
3. Make the game you love your first paying casual job
4. Increase your confidence
5. Learn leadership skills – Decision Making/Communications/ Teaching/Directing others
6. The experience will be good for your resume when you want to apply for other future casual and part time jobs
7. It maybe your first step to a possible career in AFL Umpiring (The elite AFL Field Umpires you see on TV earn from $80,000 – $150,000 per season; Boundary and Goal Umpires earn approximately $60,000)
Umpires will earn $15 for under 8’s per match, $20 for under 9’s/10’s, and $25 per match for U11’s.
What training is needed
There are three I hour sessions in total:
1. The first training block is compulsory
2. The second training block is also compulsory
3. The third training block is optional but is recommended
Umpires need to attend 2 of the 3 sessions to be applicable for a successful completion of accreditation.
How do you register
There are two ways to register your interest
1. You can email our Club Secretary – Vanessa Craig – and advise her of your interest. e: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. There will also be desk set up on sign-up day at the club on Sunday February 14th. Cameron Gray will be manning the desk and can assist you.
Vanessa and Cameron will provide further details or assist with your on-line registration
The club looks forward to your interest.